Monday, January 3, 2011

Well what do you know...a gain and 111 day challenge

As I begin my 50lbs in 111 days I realised that oops I started up on where I was earlier in December, So my starting weight for the challenge will be 119.6.

Luckily it appears the last box of chocolates has been finished, I had lots of water today and ate my actual meals, rather than grazing (which is my traditional Christmas holiday style).



One thing I have noticed is that normally for me, over the holiday period, I lose weight. And I was wondering about why this didnt seem to be the case now that I have the band.

...and I realised that while my grazing is more calories than I need, it was actually less calories than I ate at any other time of the year. Now how mind blowing is that!



Unfortunately I also discovered a few other things do not agree with the band for me
  • Christmas cake, so hubby has had to eat an entire from his mother (she makes fab cake).
  • Bacon (I got bacon and egg for breakfast this morning)
  • Fizzy drinks
  • Bread & pastry (well larger than half a slice)
So I will stock up the fridge tomorrow as it is shopping day and I know fruit will be on special and we will kick off the 111 days properly.




3 comments:

All That Razzberry said...

I have my 2nd fill today, and Im hoping for some restriction like yours.

I can still eat Christmas cake, bacon, bread, pastry and drink fizzy drinks....

Sam said...

Welcome aboard the 50 in 111 :o)

The fruit plans sounds yummy!! I got some beautiful mangoes today. Will be looking forward to them tomorrow!!

Cassie said...

Hi there - just found your blog -its great, especially since you are in Wellington just like me. Well done on your success so far, you must be so pleased. Good luck for the 50 in 111 :)