Monday, October 25, 2010

Am I torturing myself?

Or just found some motivation to do stuff..

This afternoon DH and his father cut our picture railing to put up (mitring is not my strong suit). And although my MIL bought baking for afternoon tea (she is a fab baker) I decided to make lemon muffins....

(we have a lemon tree which I trimmed this morning so a few had to come off the tree)

I have no idea why, when it's not like I can eat one even. So then I realised DH could take them for his team to thank them for all their support over the last month or so when my Dad was dying and DH had to take time off. So I made two dozen.


In case you like the sound of them...


Crunchy Lemon Muffins

2     cups self raising flour
3/4   cup sugar

75    grams butter
1      cup milk
1      egg
grated rind of 1 large or 2 small lemons

1/4   cup lemon juice
1/4   cup sugar

Mix together flour and sugar into one bowl.
Melt butter, add milk, egg and lemon rind and beat well with fork.
Add liquids to dry ingredients and combine only until dry ingredients are lightly dampened.

Bake at 200 degrees celsius for ten minutes.

Stir together lemon juice and sugar, and drizzle over hot muffins as soon as they are removed from oven. I find it easier to brush it on if they raise conical like above picture.

Makes 6 large or 12 medium muffins

(note that I make my own self raising flour - 2 cups plain flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tespoon baking soda, 1/8th of a teaspoon of salt)


No comments: